Entertainment and nightlife in Prague » American moving to Prague

American moving to Prague

Jun 22, 2016 18:13 | Jake

Hello! I’m active duty navy and getting out of the service soon and wanting to move to Prague. Have been reading a lot on everything and just wanted an open mind of how it would be for me there. Such as finding a good stable job, schools for children. I have a 4 year old daughter. And how the women are there. Keep in mind I have been all around the world and an attractive easy going guy. I grew up in Germany until I was 5 and tired of America and where it is going.

Jun 24, 2016 21:26 | Marek

Prague is not the place it used to be some years ago

Jun 24, 2016 21:46 | Jake

What do you mean?

Jul 05, 2016 22:38 | Cara

I found Czechs in Prague to be rather cold and abusive to foreigners. Maybe they don’t think so, but Czechs come across as feeling they are more superior to you as a special community of people, It is very hard to break into their community. And if you are colored person, then they can be quite racist to you. It is a problem that Czechs have. They label people and mock foreigners sometimes, trying more to criticise than to really welcome you. You will find that more international people in Prague will be your friends… but Czechs are the last people to have as friends. Other British or Americans are easy to find… But czechs can be very racist and cold. Look how they treat Gypsy people. They have some similarities with brits with their white nation and patriotism, but Czechs have been closed minded from communism and it is still there. Czechs are a lot more racist than Brits. So, my advice is to stick with internationals and expats in Prague… and not bother the czechs, cos they are hard to mix with and if you are colored then they are racist too. Also Prague is not that cheap anymore.

Jul 05, 2016 23:19 | Jake

Thanks for the advice. I’ve heard that. However I’m white and grew up mostly in Germany. That’s crazy how you read online how much better the currency is and cost of living shows you compared to America is a lot cheaper. Wonder why it says that..

Post reply | Back to topic list

Arrival: Nights: Room: Currency: Wish List ?