Entertainment and nightlife in Prague » best district

best district

Nov 10, 2005 18:34 | gaz

going to prague next may on a stag,have been told to stay in prague 7,is this true

Dec 16, 2005 02:31 | Patrick

Prague 7 is quiet and has plenty cool and interesting pubs, and is not really that far from the city centre (Prague 1). However, you may find that many of these cool and interesting pubs frown on stag parties. If you want to do a proper pub crawl, I would highly recommend heading into Prague 1, as Prague 7 is a relatively quiet neighbourhood (in spite of having bars that keep the party going right up until sunrise) and doesn’t offer as much variety as Prague 1.

If you and your stag group head into Prague’s centre (i.e. Prague 1), getting back to where you are staying in Prague 7 will not be a problem, even by public transport. If you decide to take a taxi back to your pension/hostel/hotel, be careful as many cabbies in Prague still overcharge tourists. There is some helpful advice on taxis in Prague at http://www.pis.cz/en/prague/transport/taxi. At a number of the taxi ranks listed on this page there is a list of appropriate fares.

I hope that helps. If you have any more questions about Prague, please feel free to ask me or post them here. Have a great trip!

Cheers,

Patrick Seguin

Content Manager, Prague Spot

Post reply | Back to topic list

Arrival: Nights: Room: Currency: Wish List ?