Entertainment and nightlife in Prague » Can Anyone Recommend Locals Pubs With Good Beer?

Can Anyone Recommend Locals Pubs With Good Beer?

Jan 04, 2009 17:09 | Ian

In 2 weeks, my brother and I will go to Prague for our 13th holiday in Prague.
We like going to pubs where locals go (away from tourists/stags!!), and appreciate places that serve a range of well kept Czech beer.
Our favourite bars are The Ox (U Cernaho Vola, Loretenske Nam.), Prvni Pivni Tramway (Sporilov) U Houdku and U Sadu (Zizkov).
From this list, you can probably see the type of pubs we are looking for, and don’t mind travelling within Prague. Can anyone recommend similar pubs?
Someone has recommended a pub called Andel’s. Has anyone heard of it, is it any good?

Jan 26, 2009 23:30 | graham

hi sorry i dont know of any local pubs but i noticed that its your 13th holiday there,me n friends are going on the 15th march for my stag and was wondering if you knew what the night life is like at that tme of the year,hope you can help cheers.

Feb 03, 2009 16:45 | Todd

Well, I don’t know what kind of pub you like, but as far as I remember any pub in Prague have better beer than any British pub, so just give it a shot and you’ll find out it’s just fine.

BUT – If Beer is what you seek, you should try the Beer sacuntary at I.P.Pavlova called simply ‘The Pub’. You have your own tap on your table, you make your own beers, and the place is just g8.

Apr 25, 2015 19:26 | Barry

Try the Olympia pub in Ujezd – very good beer

Post reply | Back to topic list

Arrival: Nights: Room: Currency: Wish List ?