Information on the Czech Republic for tourists » safety for tourists or crime rate in prague..

safety for tourists or crime rate in prague..

Sep 14, 2009 22:30 | Elicia

ok ive alwasy wanted to visit the czech republic but i have this kinda fear about going to other countries..

do the local people take kindly to tourists?
do you know what the crime rate is in the area?

thank you,
Elicia
Sep 15, 2009 14:43 | Karel

Do not worry Elicia , Czechs are very kind people especially in other places than in Prague.

Prague is also safe place but you should be careful when you take a taxi (sometimes drivers overcharge tourists) or when you travel by tram in historical centre (pickpockets).

Jul 05, 2016 22:07 | Cara

I found Czechs in Prague to be rather cold and abusive to foreigners. Maybe they don’t think so, but Czechs come across as feeling they are more superior to you as a special community of people, It is very hard to break into their community. And if you are colored person, then they can be quite racist to you. It is a problem that Czechs have. They label people and mock foreigners sometimes, trying more to criticise than to really welcome you. You will find that more international people in Prague will be your friends… but Czechs are the last people to have as friends. Other ritish or Americans are easy to find… But czechs can be very racist and cold. Look how they treat Gypsy people. They have some similarities with brits with their white nation and patriotism, but Czechs have been closed minded from communism and it is still there. Czechs are a lot more racist than Brits. So, my advice is to stick with internationals and expats in Prague… and not bother the czechs, cos they are hard to mix with and if you are colored then they are racist too..

Jul 05, 2016 22:07 | Cara

I found Czechs in Prague to be rather cold and abusive to foreigners. Maybe they don’t think so, but Czechs come across as feeling they are more superior to you as a special community of people, It is very hard to break into their community. And if you are colored person, then they can be quite racist to you. It is a problem that Czechs have. They label people and mock foreigners sometimes, trying more to criticise than to really welcome you. You will find that more international people in Prague will be your friends… but Czechs are the last people to have as friends. Other ritish or Americans are easy to find… But czechs can be very racist and cold. Look how they treat Gypsy people. They have some similarities with brits with their white nation and patriotism, but Czechs have been closed minded from communism and it is still there. Czechs are a lot more racist than Brits. So, my advice is to stick with internationals and expats in Prague… and not bother the czechs, cos they are hard to mix with and if you are colored then they are racist too..

Aug 19, 2016 12:52 | Barry

Czech women are racist bitches and very manipulating. They look for cheap thrills and getting rich men who give them money for love. Nothing natural or genuine about Czech girls. You don’t get anything positive from Czech women. I have found them to be rather selfish, racist and prejudiced. This is especially to non-white people. The Czech culture does not exist in the young generation, because these girls now are the generation that grew up after the revolution, so they are imitating the American or western ideals but at the same time their ideas of the world is quite closed. They have no sense of being open and dynamic with different cultures. Cultural diversity does not exist in this country. Czech women are racist, but they see it as very normal. Sorry to say, but they are fake and pretentious.

Post reply | Back to topic list

Arrival: Nights: Room: Currency: Wish List ?