Accommodation in Prague » Where to stay in Prague?? city center or outskirts?

Where to stay in Prague?? city center or outskirts?

Jul 12, 2005 17:11 | Gareth

Who ever reads this, i’m wondering where the best place in prague would be to stay, would it be best to stay ni the city center or outside of the city centre.

There are about 15 of us going and would like to be closest to all the parties and nightlife.

oes anyone also know of any apartments for rent in Prague?

Jul 14, 2005 08:54 | Patrick

Hi Gareth,

there is a brief guide to the pros and cons of accommodation in various parts of Prague right here on Prague Spot.

It really depends on how much you want to spend and how much you want to commute. Prague’s integrated public transit system, which offers transportation by bus, tram, metro, train, and funicular, is so well-planned, reasonably priced, and quick that staying in the outskirts is really not as bad as many travelers may think.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about Prague please feel free to ask me. Enjoy your stay!

Cheers,

Patrick

Prague Spot Content Manager

Jun 13, 2006 20:14 | PragueGolum

I stayed in prague a couple weeks ago, just outside of the center (a few metro stops) and it was nice to get away a bit. You can find placemarks showing exact locations of stuff like that in Prague at [url=http://exploreglobe.net]exploreglobe.net[/url] which Load in Google Earth and link to pics and info and websites and such. It’s a good way to plan.

Feb 17, 2008 11:16 | EuropeTourist

Hotel 51, Praha 9, Prague 194 00, Konzumní 14 / 253 – close to the Hloubetin metro station. Rooms acceptable (rather 2*). Staff can smoke at your breakfast (rather 2*). Although shown – they don’t accept credit cards. Cash required. Don’t pay in advance. If they fail you won’t get money back. Hotel 51 doesn’t belong to any association. Alternatives can be found : http://www.hrs.cz/

Aug 21, 2008 10:52 | Duran

I think outskirts of Prague are better, center can be too expensive. And I don’t see why you have to pay more, if you have almost the same conditions. hotels Prague in outskirts have nice conditions, less tourists crowd around. And you can get from outskirts to Prague center very fast thanks to perfect Prague public transport system.

Jan 08, 2009 13:28 | Robert

Hi, it depends what you need. Public transport to the centre of prague is goog but only during day. Evenings you can wait 30 minutes for bus and during night you have to use night trams with drunken people! I prefer centre of Prague because you can walk and come after midnight and don not need public transport or expansive taxi. It is not true that all hotels in the centre are expensive. If you take little bit less comfortable accommmodation you can stay right in the centre of the city for little money. I have good experience with some Prague hostels but not typical youth hostels. For example KDM Hostel.

Sep 03, 2009 20:48 | andrew brooker

hi 4 of us are coming on a road trip to progue , first time want to stay in a cheap hotel near the action ie srip cliubs and the GIRLS , ie n5 and stuff . was looking at hotel junior , is this any good ? and near the action ????? open for any tips

Sep 14, 2009 13:20 | martin

Hi look at happyprague.com. Its a nice apartement hotell and good price

Aug 18, 2014 00:12 | Marek

If you need a room, then you should avoid a landlord called Francis Costelloe (Frank). He runs a building which is basically, a scam. It is located in Oldřichova 5, Prague 2. Frank rents rooms out that are under-developed so he can save money and scam his tennants. He sells a lie to people by promising to get things for the flats, before you sign a contract. As soon as you hand over your money, you get stuck in a dingy place that is below living standard and hardly furnished. He even tries to lock you down into one-year period of rent. His cheerful sales pitch soon turns into an aggressive scare-mongering tone, after you rent a room and complain about things that are essential. Frank is a liar and a greedy little man who steals people’s money. Avoid this man and be careful.

Sep 07, 2015 12:18 | Francis Costelloe

Hi, I just saw a message attacking me from Merek. I don’t know who this person is, but we offer budget accommodation that people always get to view first. For the price, we have expat friendly accommodation but obviously people like “Merek” will never be happy.

Oct 03, 2015 15:37 | Marek

Frank Costelloe is a fat Irish idiot who scams people. He has managed to steal money from many people with his stupid contracts for rent. They are not even legal contracts. he tries to lock you into a very long contract and his flats have not got any full furnishing. He is a developer of property but he keeps the places in such crap condition. Kitchen has no proper cooker, no microwave.

Jul 25, 2016 00:23 | Frank

Marek is one of 2 people. A UK guy with mental health issues or a looser American called Sam detrent. Both arseholes and both will not be getting any accommodation from me. Back to the bus station kids :)

Dec 05, 2016 18:46 | Vojtech

Hey Gareth!

There are plenty of possibilities, you can book the room or apartment through airbnb, booking, last time we stayed with my friends at apartments called Paul’s apartments.. They are located in Vinohrady which is the best part.. I guess they have the website – www.paulsapartments.com but probably you have to book through airbnb as well..

Enjoy heart of Europe, Vojta

Mar 21, 2017 16:41 | Marta

There are some articles on a great site called ‘Czech This’. you can find some good advice here.

Post reply | Back to topic list

Arrival: Nights: Room: Currency: Wish List ?