Download wallpaper with a Prague theme for your Windows or Mac desktop background. All photos on this page are free for personal use. If this is your first time setting up desktop wallpaper, you may want to read the instructions first.
|Novotneho lavka: This complex of mills and dominant water tower date back to the mid-14th century. Their combined architectural splendour forms an inseparable part of Prague’s panorama. They now house Karlovy Lazne and Klub Lavka, two of the Czech capital’s hottest nightspots.|
|The National Theatre: This building, designed by Josef Zitek and built in 1865-1881, is the culminating work of the Czech Neo-Renaissance. The Czech people regarded this theatre as a true temple of national re-birth. It was reconstructed in 1883, after a fire destroyed much of its interior. This is a fantastic venue to see top Czech and international musicals, ballets and operas.|
|Vysehrad: Towering above the Vltava River, Vysehrad is where the legendary Czech Princess Libuse foresaw Prague’s future glory. It was also the main residence of the Premyslid princes in the second half of the 11th century, before they moved to Prague Castle. Vysehrad has retained its magic and its mystery to this day, with an enchanting Neo-Gothic church, rotunda and cemetery, as well as pleasant parks.|
|Rotunda St. Martin: This structure was built in the 12th century. There used to several of these small round chapels throughout Prague. Today, only three remain. The St. Martin Rotunda and its park make a very special and charming sight.|
|Hradcany: Prague Castle is where Czech kings, Holy Roman Emperors, and the presidents of the Czech Republic have had their offices. It is one of the biggest castles in the world, measuring about 570 meters in length and an average of about 130 meters wide. Its history stretches all the way back to the 9th century (870). The castle houses the St Vitus Cathedral. The quarter around "Prague Castle": is called Hradcany.|
|Charles' Bridge This is a famous historical bridge that crosses the Vltava River in Prague, Czech Republic. Its construction began in 1357, under the auspices of King Charles IV, and was completed in 1400. As the only means of crossing the river in Prague, Charles' Bridge used to be the city's most important link between the Old Town and Prague Castle.|
How to place wallpaper on your desktop
Windows (XP, 2000, 98, etc.)
To set up a photo as the background of your Windows desktop:
- Find your desktop size in the list next to the background photo you wish to use as wallpaper, then click on it. The picture will load in the correct resolution.
- Ensure that the entire image has loaded. This may take a few minutes.
- Place your cursor on the image and press the right-hand mouse button.
- Then click Set as Wallpaper (or Set as Background).
To set up a photo as the background of your Mac desktop:
- Find your desktop size in the list next to the background photo you wish to use as wallpaper, then Ctrl-Click on it.
- Choose the option download link to disk and save it to a place you will remember.
- Open the Appearance control panel and select the Desktop tab.
- Drag the image on top of the control panel.
- Click Set Desktop.